Spark Summer Learning Camp Scholarship Application
Thanks for your interest in a scholarship for Spark Summer Learning. As of now, we have awarded all our scholarships funds, but we are working to raise more funds to provide more scholarships. If you are in need of a scholarship for your child(ren) to attend Spark, please complete the application below to be added to the waiting list. Thanks!
Spark Summer Learning is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics (STEAM) camp designed to engage students in exploring, wondering, designing, building, learning and fun!
Weekly camps will take place May 31, 2023, through August 4, 2023, at Pound Middle School (4740 S. 45th Street, Lincoln, NE). Spark Summer Learning is specifically for students who have just finished kindergarten through students who have just finished fifth grade. The Monday-Friday camp offers care from 7:30am – 6:00pm.
Spark offers the following opportunities and services:
- Daily care from 7:30am – 6:00pm with STEAM-based programming between 9am and 4pm.
- Breakfast, lunch and two snacks provided daily
- Amazing weekly field trips to STEAM-based locations
- Weekly time at the pool
- Hands-on, exciting activities designed to inspire students!
- Please note, transportation to and from Spark camp is not provided. Transportation to and from field trips and the pool is provided.
All scholarships provided by Spark Summer Learning are 100% of tuition. To be eligible for a scholarship, your family must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Your family is eligible for the Child Care Subsidy Program – regardless of if you are registered to participate in the Child Care Subsidy Program or not.
- Your family is eligible for the school-based Fee or Reduced Lunch Program.
- Your family’s household income is under 250% of the federal poverty level (use chart below)
|Number of people in household||2023 Federal Poverty Rate||150% of Federal Poverty Rate||250% of Federal Poverty Rate|
|If your household income is at 150%-250%, you qualify for a Spark Summer Learning camp scholarship.|
Note: If a student misses 3 or more days of camp without a reasonable parent note, their scholarship will be revoked. Child(ren) are welcome to continue to attend, but parents/guardians will be responsible for the weekly camp fee.
Scholarship applications will be open starting March 31 and will close April 20. Scholarship applications completed after April 20th will be placed on a waiting list.
Announcement of scholarship awards will take place by May 1. In the event that scholarship funds remain following award notification, scholarship applications on the waiting list will be reviewed.
Thanks to our Funders!
A special thank you to these charitable organizations for supporting Spark Summer Learning.
- Acklie Foundation
- Drs. Bob and Lisa Rauner
- John Bergmeyer
- Foundation for Lincoln Public Schools
Spark Learning LLC will distribute scholarships pending availability of funds. Spark Learning LLC reserves the right to request and audit financial documents pertaining to claims made about eligibility for childcare assistance programs at any time. Refusal to submit information is grounds for denying scholarship applications or awards.
If you have any questions regarding Spark Summer Learning or our scholarship opportunities, please contact Lindsay Rogers, Lindsay.email@example.com or 402-436-1416.